Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Vomit Theory

Do you ever have one of those days at work where it seems like people keep coming to you from the beginning through the end of the day with problems? It starts when you first step through the door and get hit with a problem or complaint. This is followed by another problem, a few more employee complaints and so on. Before you know it your day should have ended an hour and a half ago and you are still plugging away dealing with issues.

This is what I like to call the Vomit Theory.

The Vomit Theory is basically this. People who are either your employees or consumers (whom will never be happy) feel that something is not right, or there is a problem. Therefore they come to you and immediately vomit their problem all over you. It is not literal vomit but it is a spewing of words that shoot from ones mouth and compile themselves into a lump in front of you that you now need to clean up. Sometimes the vomit is small and easy to clean up. Perhaps you could just place a potted plant over it. Other times the vomit is a huge chunky and soggy mound that is seeping into the carpet and worse then any flu season. Those must be extracted, scrubbed and the air needs spritzed for the next five hours to avoid the foul smell.

Once people vomit on you they feel much better. But now you must fix what is now laying before you. Sometimes I wonder why common sense doesn't grace my employees and family members. They make decisions and take actions that make me want to smack them in the forehead like a V8 commercial. If more people had common sense some days may be a little more tidy.

Today was one of those days where everyone had the flu.

I think the sight of all the vomit made me less hungry today. I barely ate all my weight watchers points. In fact I had a tall hot chocolate from Starbucks to finish off the last 5 points. It was so tasty too!

I didn't work out because I was stuck at work an hour and half longer then I wanted to be trying to require people to be responsible for their actions and to solve their own problems. Although my legs feel almost normal today. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I would like to take Gemi out for a bike ride in her carrier.

Oh well I think it is time to hunker down and relax for the night. I am excited for another day closer to me weekly weigh in!!

No comments: