Friday, January 9, 2009

Hobby # 8,953





I start a new hobby tomorrow. Yes I have grown quite the collection of hobbies through the years. There was ballet, piano, tap, Irish dancing, quilting, sewing, baking, cake decorating, scrap booking and the list goes on. Well now I have gone full circle and am back to cake decorating. Fondant and gum paste to be exact. I am taking a four week class at Jo-Ann fabrics that teaches you how to use fondant on cakes and how to make intricate designs and flowers with gum paste for cakes.



I am excited and Jonathan just laughs. The class was $35 not counting the $30 I spent for the starter kit and class book. There is also about 15 other things on the list for the class but I have not bought those yet. I won't need them until the second class. When all is said and done I hope I can make beautiful cakes!



My weight loss challenge has been going well. I have worked out every day so far and am continuing to do 2 to 3 classes a day. In fact I only did one yoga class today because the instructor for the cardio class didn't show up probably due to the snow storm, and I feel lazy for it!!



I have been eating about 1300 - 1400 calories a day and burning anywhere from 2400 - 3000+ depending on how many classes I do. I weighed myself on Thursday and lost 3.3 pounds last week. Yipee!! We have been eating at home a lot which really helps. I don't dare go outside the realm of subway if we do eat out.










The Biggest Loser started! That is one of my favorite shows. I am already beginning to size up who I like and dislike.



I am also reading the Twilight series which is addictive. I can't put the books down. I had to really debate if I wanted to spend some free time blogging or reading. I decided to spend a few moments to blog even though I am dying to see what happens next. I highly recommend the series to anyone. It is like a replacement for Harry Potter but not made for kids. I am almost finished with the 2nd book New Moon. I even cried at the beginning of the book.


Well now that I thought about my book I have to go read. At least Jonathan gets to watch all the Cavs and football he wants! I even hope that there is a game on... but don't tell him that!!







No comments: