Friday, July 18, 2008

The Return of the FLIES!

So you have to be kidding me right. The flies are back and grosser then ever. When I was home yesterday, I worked at home only I did very little work, I went upstairs to jump in the shower before grabbing some lunch with the in-laws. When I headed into the bathroom those damn nasty flies were back!


I immediately put on my big game hunter hat and went to town smashing each and every one of them. They like to play dead too. You can swat at it and it will lay on the floor all curled up and then the next thing you know it is crawling around on the floor! So it is worse because you have to smash them really good and since they are so big it is just plain messy. I killed a total of 15 all by myself. And for those of you who know me, I am not into bugs at all. So this was quite the achievement. I left a couple of them on the floor to show to Jonathan and flushed the rest.




Just on a side note, if you ever look up the word flush, or toilet or even flush toilet on google for a picture. You get some really weird stuff. Like people have the strangest bathrooms. For example the see through fly fishing toilet seat. Like why would you want to see through your toilet seat? Do you really think that your fly fishing seat might just hook something? Well if it does, it probably isn't going to be something you really want to reel out!



So I call Jonathan and he starts flipping out, because yeah it is pretty darn disgusting. I told him I would call terminex or something. Well of course I didn't and he wasn't thrilled with that when he got home from work at 9pm. I did eventually pick the dead fly bodies up off the floor that I was saving for him, which I am sure he appreciated.


Well today we went to work and decided to shut the master bathroom door and the master bedroom door to see where these flies may be coming from. And of course I was supposed to call the exterminator, I picked Orkin, which of course I didn't. So when we got home we headed upstairs and those damn things were all over again! The bathroom door didn't get closed all the way my flat iron cord got stuck in it so we did not have a good judgement of where exactly they may be coming from since they were in both rooms again.

Jonathan went out for the big game hunting as I watched. "Did you call the exterminator today," he asked? "Ummmm no," I cringed. As I began to notice the steam shoot out of his ears I booked it downstairs to grab my cell phone why he got to take his frustration out on the flies.


Finally I called and they are having someone come out tomorrow to take a look at the issue. We have this sweet ziploc baggie up there with 8 fly bodies in it, just in case any one is in question. 2 out of those 8 played dead so they are actually alive in the bag and will hopefully suffocate soon or something. I guess I am guaranteeing that at least 2 will have all their body parts still attached!

Let's just hope I make it until then Jonathan may swat me with the newspaper first.






No comments: