So here I am, preparing for my first offical post on this blog. It all started because of my sister-in-law and her idea to post all of her vacation experiences. Her and my brother travel... a lot. Usually 2+ cruises a year. And I am talking serious cruises, like 2 weeks long and over seas.
So in turn I get this genius idea to start a blog of my own. I figure that between my work and Jonathan's job we should have enough crazy stuff to entertain someone out there. Besides lately I have been thinking about writing a book about my job. I figured that this would be a good way to keep track of all my stories (all resident and family names will be changed for their privacy) to one day, maybe, if I eventually get around to it, write a book.
I figure writing a book will be good once I get pregnant. The debate is on whether or not I should stay home or go back to work. Although the idea of having children is still a year or more away I suppose it is natural to try and prepare your lifestyle for what will never be the same again. Jonathan is ready for kids, and then again he is 6 years older then me, so he is ready whenever I am. As for me, I always thought I wanted kids, then I thought I didn't, then I thought well ok 1 and I want a boy (like what are the chances of that going to be), and now I believe to some extent I am nesting. All you moms and moms to be will understand what I mean when I say nesting. It is that urge to look at baby items, cribs, changing tables etc. Or you think about what color you want to paint the baby's room or what theme it should have. Currently I like the cute zoo animals especially the lions. But part of the agreement is that I will not even attempt to have children until I loose some weight.
This brings me to my next saga, the battle of the bulge. I think we all hit this at some point in our life or maybe those of us who just enjoy food and become comfortable (did I say comfortable or lazy?). When Jonathan and I first met 3+ years ago we both were in great shape and looked fantastic. As the years have passed us, stress has hit us, and comfort (or laziness!) has come our way, the pounds have packed on. I am now a cool 51 pounds heavier then I was when I met him. I have actually managed to keep 10 off from when we started our weight loss challenge. We were doing very well.. until the wedding. The food on the cruise, on the honeymoon, then back home has gotten the best of us. I orginally had lost 25 pounds from my heaviest point before the wedding but 16 of that has crept back on now. So today I started serious. I am back on with the battle of the bulge.
You would think since we have a trainer that we would have not made it back into the fat depths so far but I don't think I have seen him but once or twice in the last 2 months. Good thing we spend almost $700 a month to just get fatter. So I vow to all of you that have actually read this far into my blog and to myself that I will be seeing my trainer at least 3 to 4 times a week and I will stick with my weight watchers.
Well my hands are hurting and it is about time for Jonathan to be getting home from work. I think that this is a good start for my first blog. If you read it thus far, kudos to making it through all my blubbering. Until next time.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment