I took Sophie back to Haven for Pets today. She was a little escape artist and I knew that wouldn't fly at work.
Jonathan took her out yesterday and decided not to leash her. She ran off within two seconds. He spent the next 15 minutes and 7 yards over trying to catch her. It's almost like she didn't want to be caught. She would not let you come within 20 - 30 feet of her or she would run further.
Today I was letting Gemi back in and the damn dog ran through the door and ran off. I spent the next 35 minutes and 20 yards trying to catch her. I was in my socks and toting Gemi with me. I ran and ran, lost sight of her a few times and almost died losing my breath. She finally ran up by the middle school where the kids watched from the window as I tried to wrangle her in. She finally went into the practice football field which was fenced in. I sat on the ground and called Gemi to come to me, when she came Sophie followed and got within arms reach and I grabbed her.
The dog acted like she had no idea who I was when chasing her. As soon as I got home I called Haven for pets to take her back. I could just see her being at work and then running out the door and getting hit on West Market street. She definitely was not a good fit for the home.
The weird thing is that the dog was so sweet and loving she would have been great. But when she got outside it was like she wanted to be a stray!
So now it is just Gemi again. :) Yahhh!

No comments:
Post a Comment