Friday, October 10, 2008

Dogs, Weight, and Work!

So little Luci is spending the night with another co-worker (thank God!). Jonathan wanted to keep her. I think two days of dealing with a puppy was enough for me. We were up at 3 and 6 am to let her out plus about every hour when she was awake. I'm pooped! I think Gemi was a bit jealous anyways so I wanted to give her some TLC this weekend.

Everyone at work loves Luci and she loved work. She ran a muck! She ended up on all three floors by herself, getting on and off the elevator. She is so social which will be great for the residents. I am going to go pick up Sophie tomorrow. She is a cute 35 pound sheltie mix. She is supposedly very social and love attention. If all that is true she will fit in great in the community. Jonathan wants me to bring her home over the weekend again! Lol I think he enjoys having the extra dog around.... I don't! At least Sophie is potty trained.

So Sunday is weigh in number three! I can't believe this week FLEW by. I definitely did not work out like I should have. I did Monday and Tuesday and then stopped again. I really need to get into a routine. I am hoping that maybe this week coming up will be better. I get all excited after watching the Biggest Loser, but then by the end of the work day I am exhausted and just not interested. I know once I get going I will feel good but until then I just have to push through it.

I am thinking about training for a race, that always seems to give me a reason to actually work out. The Cincinnati Flying Pig Half Marathon in May looks fun and if I follow my weight loss plan I should reach my weight goal by March so my knees should be ok.

Work has been crazy lately. Our census has dropped again. We had 2 residents die last week and 3 moved out for various reasons (financial, closer home to their family etc.) in the past month. Nothing that we did wrong which is good. I am still working with my lead care managers to make them strong leaders. It is hard sometimes because they don't always listen. And then there are those who always want to make trouble or cause drama. I guess I shouldn't complain because the one's who still work for me are not as bad as when I first started in this position.

Our living room is still being remodeled, although we are almost done. I had Wednesday and Thursday off and I did nothing! I was so lazy.

Jonathan had his MRI on Thursday and we are waiting for the results on his knee. We both know that he will just need surgery, it will just depend on how big of a surgery. We hope to know Monday or Tuesday coming up.

Oh well another day is over. Too bad a full moon is next week I am sure it will get crazier!

No comments: